Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The past few days

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not blogged regularly we have been busy here.

On May 8th Jeremy went to his doctors appointment in Guangzhou. Only my mom and dad and granma went. Every child has to go. Poor Jeremy had to get 5 shots! When he got the shot in his one arm he did not flinch. Then when he got the shots in his legs he cried a lot. And when he got the shot in his second arm he cried too. I felt so bad. Now on his little elbow he has a black and blue. I feel so bad for him.

Here are some pictures from May 8:

On May 9th we went to a shopping area called Shamian Island. It was really nice. I only went with my grandma and my aunt Titi Lu. The rest of my family didn't go because they wanted to stay home and rest. Jeremy was not feeling the greatest after his shot the day before. After the shopping me and Julia went in the pool in the hotel with Titi Lu. That wasn't such a good idea because now the day after that and today I have been having a stuffy nose and headaches....stupid pool. :) After that at 6:00 our guides treated us to dinner that they owed us from the first Sunday we spent in China. It was good but all I can say is that I can't wait to eat some good New York pizza and some milk!!

Pictures from May 9th:

On May 10th we had a choice of going to a museum or going to the Shamian Islands again. Our whole family and another family were the only ones who wanted to go to the museum so we went. The museum was really nice. It was like a museum of how life was like in Old Guangzhou long ago. It had a nice garden too. We had a good time and after the museum we went to a statue. It was a statue of five rams symbolizing the beginning of the city of Guangzhou. We got back to the hotel just in time because it started to rain.

Pictures from May 10th:

Today we went to the Consulate to do our oath taking ceremony. (I do not have any pictures because we were not allowed to take our cameras inside.) First the lady talked about some important stuff concerning the babies immigrating to the US and then she asked all the parents to stand and raise their right hand. Then she made them repeat the oath after her. It went very quick and after that we went to the hotel. Before the Consulate me and my dad went on a diaper search and found nothing. After the diaper search we got Starbucks coffee and it was very good. I had not had lunch yet. When we got back to the hotel my stomach was feeling a little funny, but I didnt think anything of it. Turns out the coffee (especially on an empty stomach) was not such a good idea.

You have a problem going to the bathroom? Drink Starbucks coffee in China on an empty stomach! You will feel squeeky clean! WARNING: Possibility of gas, stomach pains, and rumbling in the stomach.

Two more days until we come home.
: )

1 comment:

  1. Patrick A HidalgoMay 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM

    Joey told me about this wonderful and amazing event.

    Congratulations and God Bless.

    Patrick & Josie Hidalgo